Sunday, September 12, 2010

Silver Grabs UKIPT Dublin Gold

Tuffnell Park’s Max Silver won the PokerStars.com UKIPT Dublin main event at the Burlington Hotel, booking the €70k+ score and a seat in the £5,250 PokerStars EPT London event later this month - The season finale to the UK & Ireland Poker Tour.


“It feels absolutely fabulous to win,” he said. “It never really sunk in that I could win until we got to the last four.


“I had already planned to play London but this is just a nice bonus. I can’t wait to get back to my hometown. I’ll be playing a lot of events there. Actually, hopefully I’ll just be playing one all the way through.”


Silver, who now lives in Dublin, bested a field of 589 to win the €500+60 tournament, just weeks after he final tabled UKIPT Edinburgh.


He is now a threat to take the top spot on UKIPT leaderboard with a deep finish in London, an honor that guarantees entry into the entire UKIPT schedule of events next season.


EPT London is set for Sep. 29- Oct. 4 at the Hilton Metropole.



Visit PokerListings.com

No comments:

Post a Comment